Tuesday 7 February 2012

Update on shoe storage

In a previous blog post, I explained and posted a picture on how I store my shoes. The below picture shows you how I had been storing them for the past 18 months.



I had them sorted in shoe type and then stacked the boxes of that shoe type on top of one another. My system did the job, but I felt that it looked messy and disorganized.

Last night, T took it upon himself to put together the Billy Bookcases we purchased about six months ago. Once T put it together, I had other ideas apart from book storage.



I like the way I have set up the shelves. Each row can comfortably fit 4x4. At this stage, there is still room for me to fit a few books on the second shelf. The Billy Bookshelf was purchased at Ikea and I think I paid $89 per bookshelf. At $89, I think it's more than reasonable for shoe storage. Now I need to purchase two more bookshelves for my books!

My outfit for today is:
Cue top with a skin colour singlet worn underneath purchased from Forever 21 in LA, wool dress pants made by a tailor in Bali (cut and style copied off an old pair of SABA pants) and Tony Bianco nude coloured peep toe wedges.



With the tailored wool pants, I purchased the material at a fabric store in Bali called Alta Moda. It is a tri-level store with some of the most stunning fabric. As soon as you step into the store, you have an attendant help you with what you need.
All up, I had 5 pairs of pants made in 100% pure wool for AUD$250. I would so recommend doing this if you are in Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment