Monday 6 February 2012

Weekend in Rye

Apologies all for not posting over the weekend. T and I went to my beach house for the weekend and left for Rye on Friday night and returned late last night.

It was beautiful of T to have come with me as he came to the beach with my family and I on Saturday. Anybody who knows T would understand how huge that is for him. You see T works outside in the sun, every day. When you hear on the news that the weather is forecasted to reach a top of 32 degrees Celsius, that's 32 in the shade that they are forecasting. As he works in the open without shade, I am informed thanks to his whizz banger weather station thingy that on a 32 degrees day, it's at least, 38 degrees if not more. The poor guy lathers himself with sunscreen but he still gets burnt. What he exposes is also rather tanned. It's odd looking at him with no top on with boxers as his feet are white due to his boots, his thighs are white because of his shorts and his torso is white too due to his high vis tops. Everything else is black!

So whilst T came to the beach, he parked himself firmly under the umbrella and read a book. He didn't even go for a swim - as I pointed out, he couldn't think of anything worse than being in the sun, on his day off. He came to the beach with me, out of love!

On Saturday evening T and I took the dogs for a long walk to the foreshore and down to near Rosebud beach and back. Alex ran straight into the water for a swim as soon as we got to the beach. Rain was a little more apprehensive however, she too is getting used to the beach and had a few swims.

We walked back to the Rye foreshore and stopped for Gelato. There's a few places there and as I haven't been for a while, we chose the place with the biggest line - usually a good indicator of good gelato. My god, it was better than good, it was divine. Make sure you hit up Volcano Gelato if you are down that way.

The weather was not as nice yesterday and I think T was secretly pleased that he didn't have to endure another day at the beach.

Both T and I had poor reception whilst there so we weren't on our iPhone's and iPad a great deal. We watched a few movies whilst up there. The Shelter and The Decoy Bride. I fell asleep during The Shelter but I enjoyed The Decoy Bride.

To finish off, I have included a few outfit pics below.



The pic above is today's outfit. I'm wearing a Country Road top, Cue pants, Whitchery blazer (not in pic) and my new Tony Bianco flats.




The above photo was the outfit I wore last Friday. I'm wearing a Bettina Liano top, Cotton On skirt and Whittner sandals.

Oh and I have one more pic. Yep - T needed to swing past a friends place last night on the way home in Berwick. We detoured to get some of the below for our morning tea.



Yep - Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmn!

No comments:

Post a Comment