Friday 13 January 2012

Again it has been a while and apologies for that. The blogger app that I used initially just dumps all the photos at the end and it frustrated me as I felt that I was unable to tell my story. None the less, I did some research and found a blogging app that doesn't do that and allows for pictures in between text. It has been downloaded and here we go!

My office is located on Smith Street Fitzroy, which is really convenient for me to get to each day. Generally I catch public transport to work (the bus), and it's rather quick as it zooms through the express bus lane on the Eastern Freeway, Hoddle St and Victoria Parade. It takes me about half an hour to get to work from door to door. However, this time of year, over the Chrstmas, New Year and January school holiday period, the traffic is much lighter so I will drive to work, which takes me 10 minutes - I have been loving it up until this week as the traffic seems to be getting heavier. The decision has been made and this will be the last week that I will be driving into work.

Smith Street is an such an interesting place and there is never a dull moment if you wish to spare a few moments to sit and people watch. There is a seat near my office that I like to sit for a few moments through out the day, to get some air out of the office and to get some vitamin D. Last Monday during morning tea time, I went towards my seat, only to find that some redecorating was done.



Someone has artistically re-decorated. It is spray painted a copper colour and it's adorned with glitter and large square confetti. Nice, but come on, that's my seat and useless to me now to sit on as it has some really clothes ruining potential going on.

Last Tuesday I took delivery of my Thermomix (otherwise known as TMX for short). Yes it's the bees knees of cooking appliances, the KitchenAid ain't got nothing on the Thermie and just for the record, I have nothing against the KitchenAid, in fact they are so pretty that I would love to have one displayed on my bench top! However, I must confess, I heart my TMX. My gorgeous man (otherwise known as T), even loves to use it. So far, I have made butter chicken, pumpkin soup, Salami Fettuchini, milled meat to make burgers, made bread a number of times, made a concentrated veggie stock and most importantly, Strawberry Daq. was made in this brilliant German engineered beauty. Apologies in advance for the lack of photos, we were such gutses and wolfed down the food.



When not used, the TMX lives on my bench top. When used, it is moved to sit on the island bench. Much more practical when cooking. I did take a picture of one of the dishes I prepared, the pumpkin soup. It was flavoursome, smooth and divine. All up, from whoa to go, it was done and ready to be consumed in 20 minutes. Far too easy!



And a close up....


Melbourne had experienced some odd weather last week, it was cold and wet, hence the pumpkin soup. Who would have thought that I would be pulling out my tights last week?



I'm wearing a dress from Target - it's from their limited edition range, purchased on sale for $38. The tights are Voodoo, cropped cardi by Bettina Liano and shoes from Whittner. Apologies for the poor photos, no matter what I try with the lights and blinds, I can never seem to get a good shot. So I have been taking them in another spare bedroom which is storing some of our stuff at the moment so please excuse the clutter. As you may see below, I have a mirror that will be installed in my hallway once T's cabinet maker mate completes a couple of pieces of furniture we have requested. The great thing about having mates do these jobs is a) you know the quality and b) mates rates. The downside is that you are often required to wait, wait and uh wait. We have been waiting over 6 months! I'm much more impatient about these things than T as T is used to how it all works. It is not uncommon for him to do a small job for a low price for a good friend. An example is T did a deck for his best friend, his best friend was required to wait almost 12 months.



I'm wearing a Country Road top, Cotton On cardigan, leggings and Whittner boots.



Casual Friday, Paige Denim Jeans, Whittner casual flats, Cotton On top and G-Star jacket.



Today I wore this Religion Dress and Sportsgirl sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment