Wednesday 18 January 2012

A nail affair with a little bit of bronze.

I have been following a blog and the author regularly blogs about the nail polishes that she uses and to be honest, it inspired me to blog about my nails from time to time.

I have been getting my nails done regularly since I was about 19. I started off with acrylic but changed to gels (Bio Sculpture). I made the change as I have a curved nail bed, and the acrylic was lifting off my nails. The gel is much more flexible and there is no lift. Gel however is more delicate than acrylic so you do have to be careful.

My nail tech is the lovely Amanda at Saesha Nails and Beauty (Shop 2/110 James Street, Templestowe ph 9846 7024). Mandy does my nails, every three weeks, on a Wednesday evening at 6pm. I get clear gels and Mandy will paint my nails afterward with one of the OPI colours she has. That shop has a collection to die for, only second to David Jones.

Tonight I had OPI's Brisbane Bronze on my nails. On that note, I have also downloaded the Instagram app.



A close up.



I really like the colour. It has a slight shimmer but it's still a very solid colour. This colour may go on the want list.

Today I wore a gorgeous (if I must say so myself) black silk Zimmerman dress with a bronze plate on the neck area, and bronze baubles on the waist tie. I wore black flat Siren sandals with bronze round stud detailing. My dress inspired me to go with the bronze nails tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment