Thursday 26 January 2012

Phillip Island and I'm apparantly IT!


Thanks to the lovely Mez at Domestic Divinity, she has tagged me in the blog game - tag.

Today I have my first few followers.....yay.  I'm hoping to give it a few more days before I play the blog game tag, and I'm also hoping to gather a few more followers, so I too can do some tagging.

Last night after work, we made our way down to T's family beach house at Phillip Island. It has been the first time that we have driven down there as all the other times I have been, has been on the back of T's motorbike for the Moto G.P.

We woke up early and made our way to Cowes with the dogs for a big breakfast at one of the cafe's there, and a walk to follow. I must have been half asleep as I failed to catch the name of the cafe that we were at. Both T and I ordered a big breakfast and the dogs were sitting by our seats hoping for some left overs.

After breakfast we went down to the beach at Cowes and all along the beach there were signs that dogs were not permitted. I wasn't used to this as my family have a beach house down the Mornington Peninsula way and dogs are permitted on the beach during certain times and on lead. As it was Australia Day public holiday and a little bit busy down there, we were not game to  break the rules. We ended up leaving Cowes for Corenet Bay.

Alex loves to hang his head out of the car window


At the beach were were at in Coronet Bay, there was a beautiful horse at the beach and in the water. The water was quite warm today even though the weather was a top of 23 degrees. My dogs ran around the beach and went for a swim and then rolled around in the sand once they were wet. I felt sorry for T as he would need to give his car a good vacuum after today.

Rain rolling around in the sand after her swim
Alex trotting out  of the water after his swim

Alex with about a kilo of sand on him
Rain with a kilo of sand on her
                  

Following the walk and swim on the beach, T was driving and on our way home, he made a sharp turn off the highway and detoured into a Deer Farm.
Venison Farm on the Bass Highway (I think)

Bambi
Unfortunately for Bambi, T wanted some venison steaks for dinner tonight. I had to giggle in the store as T went Deer hunting last year, after being told that the place they were going to had deer everywhere. He spent two nights roughing it up in thick bushland and he didn't see so much as a deer.


Last Saturday, I had gotten eye lash extensions for the first time. It felt really awkward at first, they feel a little heavier when wet compared to the natural eye lash and in addition, at times I could feel them stuck together and the glue. I have not used mascara all week as recommended by the beautician, and let me tell you, it felt odd doing my make up sans mascara. During a meeting on Wednesday, I was sitting next to my manager and caught her staring at me a few times. At the conclusion of the meeting, she asked if I had my eye lashes done, as she notied that they were rather long. I don't know what to make of that.
I have noticed that some of them have fallen off, especially in the area near the outer eye. I have had to stop myself from relieving my eye of itches  too, and that let me tell you was rather hard for me. I think I will give it another go with refills and make my final decision following that.



I have been cooking up a storm using my Thermomix. I often forget to take photos of my dishes but I did remember to take photos of the dinner I prepared on Monday night.
Steamed Flathead with steamed vegetables.

The steaming was done with the Thermomix and the sauce was cooked in the Thermomix also.

Dough kneaded in the Thermomix and the bread freshly baked.




2 comments:

  1. What sort of dog is Alex? My family has a Lhasa Apso who used to love sticking her head out the window...until she got a little bit of dust in her eye which caused a massive ulcer and an operation worth $1000. She's not allowed to do that anymore. Apparently the smaller breeds have sensitive eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex is a Maltese x Shih Tzu. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, I will certainly take your experience into consideration as I would hate for him to be hurt or in pain. Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete