Monday 23 January 2012

Back in the 80's....I shopped some more...

I had a very busy weekend this weekend indeed. I braved the madness to do some shopping at Costco and stocked up on Scmackos for my dogs. My dogs love Schmackos and each morning as I prepare my traveller cup of coffee, my dogs will race from where ever they have been laying and plonk themselves at my feet. They know the routine, she makes her coffee and straight after that she walks to the door and gives us a strap of Schmackos each. Smart puppies!

I purchased one of those group buying deals for a set of eyelash extensions and an eye brow shape & wax  last week. So I had a 2:30pm appointment at Goddess Retreat at 11/114 James Street, Templestow ph - 9846 1995. It was certainly an experience for me as I have never had it done. It took what felt like forever sticking the lashes, and they look fantastic. I have been really careful not to ruin them, so that means no eye make up remove, no scrubbing the eye area. I thought that I will give it a go for a little while and see how it goes. I will need a refill in about 3 weeks and I will update after this time on what my final thoughts are on the eye lash extensions.

I also attended a surprise 40th on Saturday night and the theme was dress your era. I did my best to put something together based on what I had in my wardrobe.






I am wearing a Shakuhachi dress that is a few years old now with Aldo wedge shoes. I curled my hair with the Cloud 9 and found some Napolean loose eye dust in my make-up case. It was a fun night and the birthday girl was indeed surprised as she thought she was going out for dinner with her family only, the look on her fact was priceless. T wore one of his dads (polyester pin stripe suits) to look his part from the 70's. Everyone commented that he looked like Tony Montana from Scarface. If only he wore his thick gold bling bling chain that he has for fancy dress parties...LOL.

Yesterday I do what I do best, I did some more shopping. So after my attempts to get my hair curly using the straightening iron, I decided that it was too hard and I suck at it. I also decided that a dedicated curling wand would be oh, so much better. As such, I bought this....






I got the Cloud 9 curling wand from Lattouf at Doncaster. The lovely owner (or manager) threw in some Wella Thermal image worth $24.00 for nix, love it!

Whilst I was at Westfield Doncaster, I did some make up and nail product shopping... I purchased some Studio Fix foundation, powder blush and a lippy. Below is a liter of nail polish remove and LB base coat which my nail tech Mandy uses.

I have some more photos on my iPhone and can't seem to find a phone cable, anywhere in the house so I will update with another post later. All the photos were taken with a pro Canon DSLR camera. Such a difference from the iPhone pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment