Friday 27 January 2012

OPI fail (for me) and how do I store my shoes?

Last night, I took the hot pink nail polish off and felt that I wanted a light pink on my hands and feet instead.
I prepped my nails as usual and wanted to use Pink-ing of You. I purchased the Princess Mini's a while back and Pink-ing of You is part of that set.
OPI Princess Mini's
OPI Pink-ing of You
  It looks like such a beautiful colour in the bottle and on the OPI studio app but I was really dissapointed with it. The consistency was all wrong, I did three coats and it still did not look good at all.
 I woke up this morning and was about to tidy up the edges of my nails of polish and my nails were ruined. I think quite possibly it was due to the polish being too thick and it probably didn't dry in time. I have never had this issue with my other OPI polishes and I wonder if it was due to the mini? It is much more awkward to put on compared to the full size brush. So I had to quickly remove the polish this morning before I left for work.
Three coats of OPI Pink-ing of You
Nails ruined this morning.

At lunch time, I had to pop down to Safeway on Smith Street to pick up a few things. From there, I figured it wasn't too much further to walk to the Tony Bianco Outlet as I wanted to check out what they had. Much of the shoes are on sale in the Smith Street store and there was a further sale (20% off I think).
Tony Bianco Salena Peep-toe Wedges

Tony Bianco Moscow Ballet Flats



The Tony Bianco Salena Peep-toe wedges were originally prices $129.95 and as you may perhaps see on the sticker, they were reduced to $60.00. Then, at the register, they were further reduced to $48.00. The Tony Bianco Moscow Ballet Flats were originally $99.95 and you can't see the sticker price in the photo - so they had a reduced sticker price of $80.00. At the register, these babies were further reduced to $64.00. So all up, I purchased two pairs for $112.00. I was very happy with that.

Whilst we are on the topic of shoes, how does everyone store their shoes? I originally had them stacked in the wardrobe in one of the spare bedrooms and I didn't like it that way. Not all my shoes fit in that wardrobe. I have asked T if he can build me a shoe shelf, something that I can stack my boxes on. He said he would do it, but I know how crazy busy he is and his priority is building the workshop, so it will be on my/his to do list for at least the next 12-18 months. For now, this is how I'm currently storing my shoes.
Shoe Storage


The boxes in the far left contain my sandals and many of the sandal boxes contains two pairs per box.


Boot Storage



These are my boots. I do have a few of those boot boxes and I can fit at least three pairs of boots in each box. In winter, it was a pain to get the bottom pair of boots out as it meant that all the contents had to be tipped out. Instead, I just used my adjustable shoe stand to store my boots and I'm much happier with this system.




In the hallway, we picked up this sleek shoe storage, which T put together and bolted to the wall. My sneakers and thongs live in there and most of T's shoes.
Ikea Shoe Storage



Today's outfit:

Silk and lace top purchased in NYC, Country Road knee length shorts and Tony Bianco Wedges



Add caption




In case you haven't noticed, I love wedges. They are almost like a heel and are oh, so much more comfortable. The above photos were taken prior to the application of make-up. I then added this to my outfit.





It's a head band by Lady-Jayne I think and it was recently purchased from Priceline for about $12.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment