Thursday 19 January 2012

Recent purchases which left me on Cloud 9

Last weekend I had the urge to spend some of my hard earned cashola.

I have wavy hear which if wet I will blow dry roughly straight and finish off with the straightening iron. If dry, I will straighten with the hair straightener. I have been using a GHD for the last 7-8 years to this day, the straightener is still going strong. I have noticed lately that my ends are a bit dry after straightening and thought I will do some research on the current hair straighteners on the market. I stumbled across some reviews of a straightener called Cloud 9. I had learned that Cloud 9 was developed owned by the original GHD developers and owners. The Cloud 9 has different heat settings, this means that you can straighten your hair on a lower setting and it will not completely flatten the hair like the GHD.

I purchased the Cloud 9 from a Biba hair salon as they stock the Cloud 9 products.


It comes packaged in a beautiful box and comes with a plastic attachment to keep the iron closed. It also has a velour storage pouch.

I have used the iron twice so far and I'm happy with the results both times. You are also able to do curls, just like the GHD.

Cloud 9 also have another product for curling the hair that I would be keen to purchase. The product is called the Cloud 9 wand. It is definitely on my want list.

With all the cooking that I have been doing with my new TMX, I have been doing a fair bit more washing up than I have been used to. It has left me with really dry hands and whilst I love to use Crabtree & Evelyn's Goatmilk Hand Therapy, I thought I will purchase a new a hand cream that will live on the counter next to the kitchen sink.


The L'Occitane hand cream is absolutely divine, made from natural non-animal products. I rate this hand cream highly.

Whilst I was in L'Occitane, I also purchased a product to moisturize my body. I stumbled across this product.


It is a pure Shea Butter and very moisturizing. I don't find this product very greasy or leave a film of product be honest. A little bit goes a long way.


Today I'm wearing a Sass and Bide dress, Cotton On short leggings and Molloni wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment